From time to time we take on a project without a client, because it's a good idea, or we complete a Small Business Investment and Research (SBIR) cycle that results in intellectual property that is available for license or sale. We currently have the following technologies available:
United States Patent VEGETATION CUT AND APPLICATION METHOD AND APPARATUS
Patent No. : 10,159,184. Download here.
Issue Date : December 25, 2018
Concept: process and apparatus for cutting vegetation first, then immediately wiping only the living stump with systemic herbicide. The cut-off plant material receives no herbicide, saving wasted herbicide material, eliminating extra plant tissue which may contribute nutrient back to the root system, and finally making the cut plant parts available for collection in a secondary collection stream for use as biomass, feed, or any other post harvest use where exposure to systemic herbicide residues would be undesirable.
- Wildland invasive species control such as phragmites eradication,
- wiping of emerged weed stumps which were just cut under a combine header during summer small grains harvesting (combining).
- Woody biomass harvest such as willow or alder with suseqesnt chemical stump treatment
- flailing of orchard middles while herbiciding remaining living plants.
- Applying selective herbicides (like aminopyralid for thistles) as part of the process of cutting hay.